Early Career Faculty Mentoring Seminar
American Educational Research Association Annual Meeting
Thursday, April 12, 2017, 1 p.m.–5 p.m., and Friday, April 13, 2017, 8:30 a.m.-12 p.m.
Division A will sponsor a mentoring seminar for pre-tenure faculty members prior to the start of the 2018 AERA Annual Meeting in New York City, NY. This year’s seminar will be held on two half days, Thursday (1-5 p.m.) and Friday (8:30 a.m.-noon). Pre-tenure faculty who are members of Division A are encouraged to register for this seminar.
The Division A Early Career Faculty Mentoring Seminar is an excellent opportunity to dialogue with mid-level and senior faculty and to network with other new faculty. The seminar is designed to:
- Provide support for pre-tenure educational leadership/school administration faculty
- Assist new faculty in preparing for pre-tenure reviews
- Assist new faculty in developing skills needed to be productive scholars in research, teaching and service
- Dean Panel about Tenure Processes
- Innovative Teaching Session
- Manuscript Revision Process for Publication
- Time with Senior Scholar Mentors